Saturday, May 11, 2013

Knowledge Is Power

Sharing What We've Learned

It's been well over a year since we discovered Skeeter Syndrome was the cause of J's mysterious symptoms.  It's been just about that long since we began using essential oils to manage his severe allergic reactions.  Between this blog, my Facebook page, and personal contacts I've had many opportunities to create awareness about Skeeter Syndrome and share the essential oils we use with other sufferers and their families.  The best part has been hearing back from these people... especially other moms... who are so happy and relieved to have found a safe and all-natural treatment option that actually works!  I've received e-mails and phone calls from people all over the country and different parts of the world.  For example, I've recently spoken with two ladies from Australia, one from the UK, and a gentleman from Israel... all searching for effective Skeeter Syndrome treatments for their suffering children.  It was exciting to hear a Mom from Texas share with me how she knew the oils were working when her 3 year-old daughter began asking for more oils... I knew EXACTLY how she felt since I too had the same experience with J.  I hope to get a Testimonial Section added to this blog very soon to share all these great stories!


I've also been enjoying this opportunity to dive deeper into the world of essential oils.  I've learned quite a bit and met some really great people along the way... including the incredibly nice people over at www.everythingessential.me (check out their newly added page on Skeeter Syndrome, under Health Concerns).  This is a great place to look up suggested essential oil protocols and user testimonials for just about any health concern you can imagine.  It's also a fantastic resource for learning more about individual oils, blends and the application of essential oils.

I'm also very excited to share a brand new site that was just published providing links to all kinds of medical studies, research and much of the science behind essential oils... it's some truly fascinating stuff!  Be sure to check out the great articles on Melaleuca (also known as Tea Tree Oil). www.aromaticscience.com

Last but not least... I invite you to check out my Facebook page... www.facebook.com/therapeuticgradeoils (you should be able to view the page even if you don't have an account).  This is where I share many of the additional ways my family is learning to use the essential oils.  I feel so blessed to have discovered these amazing essential oils and have truly enjoyed all the opportunities I've had to share them with those near and far.  Please feel free to contact me with questions any time... Take Care!

7 comments:

  1. What great information! My son gets serious reactions to mosquito bites, but doesn't seem to be nearly as bad as your son's reactions. Troy swells but doesn't blister. I've used helchrysum and lavender but now I'm going to use melaleuca. Have you tried using frankincense? I've head it is a "driver" oil and will push (?) other oils deeper into the cells. Thank you for putting all this information into this blog, and I started following you on FB.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am keeping your blog in my bookmarks. My toddler also has the same reaction to mosquito bites. We noticed this when he was 6 months old. My son is now 16 months and still gets the same reaction every time and it seems to be getting worse. Last night his right ankle swelled from a tiny bite and today it has developed little blisters (some even popped coz the poor boy just wont stop scratching). Now it's swollen and black and blue. All this time we just thought he has sensitive skin (his pedia and pedia derma said so too), and never thought it is an actual allergy condition. Thank God I found your blog. I am backreading and learning alot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so very much for your blog! I'm reading it, stunned, as I feel like I've finally figured out what is happening to my poor sweet little girl. We too have done the emergency runs to after hours ER to be told she has cellulitis and given regime after regime of steroid and antibiotic treatments! This is the first I've ever heard of skeeter syndrome and it explains all her symptoms perfectly. I have a friend who distributes essential oils. I'm calling her in the morning. Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there, thanks for sharing this info about skeeter syndrome. I referred to it for a post I wrote about severe mosquito bites: http://www.optiderma.com/articles/skeeter-syndrome-allergy-mosquito-bites/ I used one of your photos (with photo credit and a link to your website). I hope this is fine :) What do you think of lavender essential oil to treat mosquito bites? Best, Josephine

    ReplyDelete
  5. shanjun83...I am relieved to have come across this blog...last post was in 2013, so I pray that you get this message and can reply back to me. I am certain that this is what my son has although he does not have blisters....mosquitoes LOVE him and it all seemed to come about this summer (he is 6) as he has been playing outside alot more with his neighborhood friends. I was first concerned that his mosquito bites seemed to develop large knots under the skin...as of recent 5 days ago, i have seen a different reaction in particular to those on his lower legs/ankles....I nearly took him to the emergency room on Wednesday night when i noticed his ankle was very swollen and red with a purple tint to it...other than it itching it did not seem to bother him but i immediately thought that it looked like cellulitis. Got him into Dr the next day and she thought he had an infection based on a scab from a scratched mosquito bite....he is on 10 day course of antibiotics. I would love to hear from you regarding the essential oils that you find most effective as a repellent. We have a more natural spray here (Illinois) called "buggins", has a great smell and seems to work. justmein2003x2@yahoo.com is my email address...PLEASE contact me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is no secret that I have a very deep and personal relationship with God. I have pushed and resisted that relationship this past year through all the bullshit I have had to go through living with Herpes but once again, God is bigger than my stubbornness and broke through that outbreak cold sore and all I had Genital Herpes. For me personally, hearing over and over how I am not good enough has really invaded my mind in the worst way possible. I completely shut down and I was just waking up like is this how life going to end this temporary herpes outbreak “fuck everybody with herpes if you know what I mean” but let's be honest here...
    It is cowardly to say no to herbal medicine. It is fear based. And it is dishonest to what my heart wants. Don't build a wall around yourself because you are afraid of herbals made or taking a bold step especially when it's come to health issues and getting cured. So many young men/ women tell me over and over that Dr Itua is going to scam me but I give him a try to today I feel like no one will ever convince me about herbal medicine I accept Dr Itua herbal medicine because it's cure my herpes just two weeks of drinking it and i have been living for a year and months now I experience outbreak no more, You can contact him if you need his herbal medicine for any such diseases like, Herpes, Parkinson, Diabetes, Hepatitis, Syndrome, Cancers, HIV, Epilepsy, Infertility, and any kind of disease & Infections Love Spell,. Email..drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com then what's app.+2348149277967.... My advice to any sick men/women out there is simple... Be Always an open book. Be gut wrenching, honest about yourself, your situation, and what you are all about. Don't hold anything back. Holding back will get you nowhere...maybe a one way ticket to lonelyville and that is NOT somewhere you want to be. So my final truth...and I'm just starting to grasp this one..    

    ReplyDelete
  7. Natural Treatment for Bullous Pemphigoid works to prevent further progression of the disease. Herbal Supplement is to heal the blisters and keep the symptoms control.

    ReplyDelete