Saturday, August 18, 2012

Introduction

It has been my intention to get this blog started for the past several weeks.  I want to use this site as a personal journal of sorts to share our journey and discoveries.  Our youngest son was recently diagnosed with Skeeter Syndrome.  While I agree it has a funny name, I can assure you the symptoms of this severe allergic reaction are nothing to laugh at.  It has been quite a ride and I can't help but think there is at least one other parent out there who is trying desperately to solve the same mystery that has plagued us over the last two years.  I by no means claim to be an expert on the subject and I am not medically licensed... but I do have a story to share.  Additionally, this is an attempt to reach out to other sufferers and invite them to share their own stories, trials, triumphs and discoveries.  I hope to share what coping mechanisms we have found to be most helpful, as well as learn new ways (hopefully better ways) to treat and prevent these reactions. I also hope this site becomes a helpful resource people can use to find links to additional information and research... I've spent countless hours researching Skeeter Syndrome on the Internet and was surprised by the lack of information available and the difficulty in finding such information.

These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease.

Let the story begin...


1 comment:

  1. Hi.
    What an insight!!
    Recently my wife & I moved to a tropical climate from a dry one in Australia.
    We now have mosquitoes and midges, a type of sand fly for lack of a better description.
    We had mossies before, but neither of us had an issue, apart from the normal itches.
    After our move, my wife started to get these little red marks, and as time moved on, the marks form these insect bites turned into bigger and bigger lumps.
    Two days ago, she got bitten under her eye while asleep.
    When she woke and looked in the mirror, she was horrified.
    I asked her what bwas wrong, and when she turned and I saw her face, it looked like she had been beaten up!!
    The area around her eye was so badly swollen her eye was almost closed.
    Next thing, more lumps started to come up on her legs.

    It now seems that her reactions are getting worse.

    So, I began some research, as we all do now, on the internet, and after a while, found this "thing" called Skeeters Syndrome".
    This led me to your blog, and I must say, what a wealth of infformation and experiences it is!!!

    Thank you for starting the "Story of J".
    I believe we now have a solution and something to let us take affirmative action without the heavy chemicals.

    Steve.

    ReplyDelete