Saturday, August 18, 2012

The Children's Hospital

Sometimes... the Experts are Overrated

I really don't mean to sound jaded... I just had such high expectations for this appointment. *sigh*



The day of our appointment with the Dermatology Department had finally arrived (two months after scheduling). We made our way from the parking garage, through the enormous lobby, up the elevator to the second floor and into the beautiful waiting area.


It wasn't long before we were called back into one of the rooms. Between you and me... what probably gets oldest the quickest is having to repeat this big long drawn out story over and over again... particularly when the person I'm telling it to looks just as bewildered by the whole thing as I do. After first writing the whole history out on the medical forms... I proceeded to be asked to repeat the entire story again and again by the nurse, the student doctor (who I thought was the actual doctor), the actual doctor and then once more for a group of students that he asked if he could bring in to observe this "highly unusual case". They proceeded to poke, prod, examine and discuss J's symptoms. They reviewed the results that came back from the blood work the pediatrician had ordered. They agreed on a variety of additional blood work to be done and had the nurse come in to draw it. Then the doctor asked if I'd be willing to allow them to biopsy one of the lesions. I asked what he hoped to discover by doing a biopsy on my 18 month old. He said they would be able to determine if we were dealing with a bacterial infection, fungal infection, allergic reaction, eczema or something parasitic... he convinced me it was a necessary procedure. So I agreed.


Evidently he felt this was an opportune teaching moment and took great care in addressing his students as he prepared for and performed the procedure. I had the pleasure of assisting the nurse in pinning my terrified screaming toddler to the bed once again. They cut a chunk of tissue the size and shape of a pencil eraser right out of the center of one of his wounds. It was not a fun experience. I wasn't particularly bothered by the students at the time... however looking back now I wonder if that biopsy was more about a "teaching moment" than what was really in the best interest of my child.

We scheduled an appointment to come back in a few weeks for the results. Upon returning for the follow-up visit we were told the biopsy results had come back as "inconclusive"... completely worthless.  A new doctor examined J and decided he must have what looked to him like a really bad case of Scabies. After explaining what the heck Scabies were... he prescribed us a cream that had to be used by every member of our family. He then instructed me to clean the house thoroughly, vacuum vigorously and wash all the bedding, towels and clothing in very hot water. Besides being completely grossed out, I'm sure you can imagine my sheer excitement at the thought of heading straight home to get started on my new list of chores. Regardless, I was cautiously optimistic the mystery had been solved and J would soon be cured of his ailments. 

1 comment:

  1. I was born with HIV my mother passed away because of the HIV infection And I regret why i never met Dr Itua he could have cured my mum for me because as a single mother it was very hard for my mother I came across Dr itua healing words online about how he cure different disease in different races diseases like HIV/Aids Herpes,Parkison,Asthma,Autism,Copd,Epilepsy,Shingles,Cold Sore,Infertility, Chronic Fatigues Syndrome, Lupus Cure,Fibromyalgia,Cancer,Alzheimer's disease,psoriasis,Bipolar Disorder,Dementia Disease,Chronic Diarrhea,Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis,Stroke,Fibromyalgia,Weak Erection,Breast Enlargment,Penis Enlargment,Hpv,measles, tetanus, whooping cough, tuberculosis, polio and diphtheria)Diabetes Hepatitis,I was so excited but frighten at same time because I haven't come across such thing article online then I contacted Dr Itua on Mail drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/www.drituaherbalcenter.com . I also chat with him  he tells me how it works then I tell him I want to proceed I paid him so swiftly Colorado post office I receive my herbal medicine within 4/5 working days he gave me guidelines to follow and here am I living healthy again can imagine how god use men to manifest his works am I writing in all articles online to spread the god work of Dr Itua Herbal Medicine,He's a Great Man.  

    ReplyDelete